Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers, and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Corporate Applications brings innovation and transformative technologies to enable all of Blizzard to deliver on making epic experiences that engage and delight our users. We are an incubator for ideas and pragmatic in finding solutions to problems that make Blizzard globally more effective and efficient. We empower our team to lead company-wide initiatives, be a force for positive change, and directly impact all employees by supporting them in the quest to deliver epic games.
Come join our team and contribute to behind-the-scenes initiatives and the inner workings of Blizzard. Here we are focused on challenging problems and apply cutting-edge technologies to solve them. We value great UX/UI and have a dedicated team of creative designers. A customer-first mentality and Blizzard polish is core to what we do here and we want people who join our team to feel the same way too. Our culture is unique. Work is fun and fast-paced. We are collaborative and communicative because we are a world-class organization and need to reach out to our users in different geographic regions. We are a family, and the people care about each other as a team and are the type of folks you want to play games with during lunch. If all this sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a designer with a passion for crafting beautiful user interfaces for our portfolio of websites, mobile apps, and desktop apps. The designer would be responsible for a core contribution on a wide-range of initiatives. A background in 2D or 3D art is highly desired.
- Ship beautiful software products by working closely with Engineers, PMs, Designers, and QA
- Produce look and feel layouts, mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, mock-ups, motion works, and visual comps to help the team understand what to build and why
- Revise and enhance designs based on stakeholder and user feedback, technical input, and business decisions to ensure visual designs align with the overall design vision
- Work with Sr. designers and stakeholders from inception to drive development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience with a strong portfolio of work
- Exceptional graphic design skills and artistic sense for high aesthetic graphics, UI, composition, and typography
- Proficiency using prototyping and design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary team members to explain and evangelize design solutions
- Strong communicator with a passion to learn and contribute
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, legibility, and interface usability principles
- Great attention to detail and solid organization
- A self-starter that loves a team environment
- Open-minded, friendly, with a positive attitude
- Experience in designing user-interfaces for complex applications
- Experience as a digital artist in either 2D or 3D
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed decisions
- Experience as a designer working closely with development teams in an agile environment
Required Application Materials
- Please provide URL or PDF file of example work, art, videos, etc.
- Should showcase design process, strategy, deliverables, case studies, etc.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.