- Ability to model, sculpt, and texture hard-surface and organic 3D assets with or without concepts
- Able to model efficiently to work within polygon budgets while achieving the look required for high end in-game cinematics
- Efficient and clean UV mapping and mesh retopology skills
- Ability to create concepts and demonstrate ideas by kit-bashing game team assets and doing quick paint overs in Photoshop
- Excellent design and compositional skills
- Ability to work within the fast pace of In-Game Cinematics production
- Ability to deliver content in the art styles of different Blizzard IP’s
- Able to evaluate constructive criticism on a professional level
- Familiarity with game development and/or cinematic pipelines.
- Maintains production schedule and proactively communicate concerns or roadblocks.
- Provides ideas to better tools/pipeline/workflows and provide feedback for new technology.
- Communicates priorities to leads/supervisor/producers and the team for developing clear work plans
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Ability to Light and/or Composite
- Character modeling and sculpting abilities
- Thorough knowledge of game engines and their peripheral tools
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.