Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional Art Director to help us push the artistic vision and development of an exciting unannounced game.
As a director, you will be a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an artist, you will help define the look of new characters, environments, and architecture for this ambitious unannounced project.
Are you the type to ignite others in both as a leader and as an artist? Do you have experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment to a large art staff to build amazing worlds? Do you thrive when managing and mentoring creatives and being a true partner to the engineering, production, design and audio teams? If you’re ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience, please read on.
Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Create concept paintings and other benchmark assets that establish quality expectations and inspire others.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and leadership for a team of artists, including career guidance, mentorship and overall culture development.
- A proven ability to visually tackle problems in collaboration with the broader game team, including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Collaborate with other art directors across the company in defining and continuing to develop Blizzard's unique visual style.
- Proven experience directing and supporting artists across multiple art disciplines.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the team is healthy and strong.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting video game art.
- At least five years' experience working in AAA games.
- You shine in a collaborative work culture, and truly enjoy working with others.
- You take initiative to solve problems and you have excellent follow-through.
- Extensive experience developing a unique and cohesive visual style in a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work.
- A desire to work closely with game design to make sure the game's art improves the player experience.
- An ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push Blizzard’s art style.
- Real passion for action games.
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard games.
- Cover letter (optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only digital artwork submissions such as website, blog or online album will be accepted
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.