Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated vis dev artist to join its visual development team. Are you a concept generalist who has extensive experience creating digital concepts, matte paintings, or illustrations in a variety of different visual styles? You must be experienced in designing characters, environments, weapons, and mechanical concepts. You must be able to deliver sketches, line art, and fully rendered images. Additionally, you should have a strong understanding of form, function, and 3D perspective, and possess a solid grasp of the unique elements and distinctive visual styles of Blizzard's many IP’s.
- Experience working in the pre-production for games, animation, or film
- Experience creating digital art in a professional environment
- Strong foundational skills including anatomy, color theory, composition, etc.
- Expert in Photoshop or equivalent paint program
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy
- A concept generalist able to tackle FX design, environments, and props
- Painting skills, as well as use of photo collage during design process
- A keen eye toward form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Capable of doing work in a realistic rendering style with a naturalistic approach to anatomy
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
- Understanding of Blizzard's distinctive visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, illustration, etc.
- Working knowledge of and ability to work with 3D art techniques & software packages
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to a Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Breakdown of the work on your reel
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Job Status: Temporary Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.