Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for implementing and maintaining the UI system that empowers artists and designers to easily develop the unique Hearthstone look and feel. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Maintain, create and extend the UI framework that powers Hearthstone’s UI.
- Work closely with designers and artists as customers of the UI framework.
- Establish and evangelize best practices for using and extending the UI framework.
- Ensure that UI systems are and remain scalable, flexible and simple to use.
- Maintain and extend a robust API through which other engineers interact with the UI framework.
- Be self-motivated and maintain willingness to pitch in on other development areas as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- Strong C# programming skills.
- Deep understanding of reflection.
- Experience with Unity (5.x minimum) and extending its editor.
- Experience with asynchronous programming.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established codebase.
- Keen eye for identifying and solving inefficiencies in the development process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience coding in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- C++ programming skills.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Experience with developing UI frameworks for game teams.
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.