Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing and versatile Systems Administrator to join the Activision Blizzard League IT Events team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers The Overwatch League and Call of Duty League across US and Global locations.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences at every event. As a Systems Administrator in this role, you will be deploying and managing on-site server and network infrastructure at each venue and helping support the main event, working closely with Production and the League to deliver high quality shows. Excellent troubleshooting skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical.
***This is a remote position and will require 70-80% travel during the 26-28-weekend League seasons.
- Manage and administer the local on-site server infrastructure.
- Manage and administer the local network infrastructure, including ISP turn up and extending network to areas within the venue.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting server availability.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
- Travel to event locations within your designated region to ensure flawless execution.
- Assist Desktop and Program Managers in set up and deployment at each event.
- Support Windows PC’s during live stage matches.
- Work with other internal IT teams to integrate new systems and network architecture.
- Work with the Overwatch Development Team to prepare and administer event game services.
- A minimum of 5 years’ in Systems Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering a Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 environment.
- Experience managing a virtualized infrastructure such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Basic familiarity administering Linux systems running CentOS or RHEL.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ, VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience administering Dell PowerEdge server hardware.
- Experience administering Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Experience configuring and deploying Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Experience running and terminating Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet.
- Familiarity with PC image deployment tools such as Fog or MDT.
- Familiarity managing and configuring monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Grafana, LibreNMS.
- Scripting knowledge of Powershell, Python, or other similar languages.
- Automation technologies, such as Puppet.
- Strong PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- IT Certifications in Systems or Network Administration (MCSA/MCSE, RHCSA, CCNA/CCNP)
- Experience running Esports events.
- Familiarity with broadcast technologies, streaming, and transmission.
- A passion for video games.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.