BlizzCon serves as Blizzard’s biggest megaphone for announcements, showcases our global esports programs and talent, and sets the stage for epic community celebration and engagement. Currently we are looking for an individual to drive business operations. This role is a member of the BlizzCon leadership team that forms our near-term and future business direction. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communication skills, a strong strategic and analytical thinker, with expertise in live experiences and gaming.
- Partner closely with the BlizzCon leadership, Sponsorship and Media Rights teams, Ad Sales teams, Blizzard Finance and Sourcing, Global Insights, and Game Development business teams.
- Contribute to core leadership team for all BlizzCon verticals, involved with strategy
- Identify and model business opportunities for the primary BlizzCon product included but not limited to BlizzCon online and live experiences
- Drive cross-marketing opportunities, in collaboration with business teams on game development and esports leagues teams
- Develop opportunities and assets for third-party partnership
- Contribute to content monetization plans of pre-produced and live content
- Model longer term opportunities that create new revenue and/or brand experiences across any and all markets relevant for Blizzard
- Forecast and evaluate return on investment
- Package business cases for compelling opportunities
- Perform ongoing market analyses to support strategic planning efforts and key initiatives
- Lead efforts working with business intelligence, finance, and marketing to monitor business health
- Serve as the key contact for incoming inquiries and interest in BlizzCon extensions
- 5+ years of experience in a senior business role supporting AAA products
- 5+ years of experience contributing to live experiences, preferably in the games or entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Robust experience with strategy development and business modeling
- Experience with content distribution, monetization, and sponsorship
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to successfully pitch ideas
- Exceptional attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand the big picture
- Advanced degrees in business or related field
- Program management experience
- Experience working with international teams
- Existing relationships throughout the games industry and intersecting industries
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.