The World of Warcraft team would like to expand our efforts to restore the past, and explore the future, by hiring additional engineers. We have a series of upcoming content unlocks we need to support, and our efforts won’t stop there.
The World of Warcraft team is always growing, and always striving to improve. We need heroes to help us imagine the future of the World of Warcraft, both in terms of our technical vision, and the gameplay that it supports. We're dedicated to building new and interesting ways to play, collaborate, and interact within the Warcraft universe, and we're looking for engineers to join our team and help build those new features.
We value diversity on our team, as well as a healthy work-life balance, and we strive to staff appropriately to meet both those goals. We recognize that the best ideas and most creative work come from a safe and well-rested workforce, and we endeavor to protect that.
The world of Azeroth is a big place, so this is no small challenge, but we have a great team of friendly faces waiting to help you along the way. If you have the skills and experience, as well as the passion and excitement, we hope you’ll apply.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to build gameplay systems in C++
- Layout and manipulate game data using SQL
- 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in all engineering areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Your experience as a software developer
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.