Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Improve an existing C++ code base with a focus on quality and robustness
- Architect and implement core client-server systems to improve overall stability and uptime
- Work with SREs and other engineers to help smoothly launch product releases
- Investigate and document existing systems and propose improvements
- Constantly collaborate with and help your team
- Devise plans for risk mitigation and to aid in safe feature deployment
- Mentor more junior engineers on the team
- Work with multiple teams to improve their workflow and productivity
- Intermediate understanding of C/C++/C#
- Interest in solving distributed system problems
- Passion for risk mitigation and quality
- Programming experience for Linux and Windows platforms
- Prior work on client-server architectures
- Advanced understanding of C/C++
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL and other databases and tools
- Networking experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.