Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an associate data engineer to develop and maintain data automation focused on large financial datasets. This position requires both strong ETL experience as well as the ability to effectively implement accounting and financial projects.
- Manage and maintain the systems used in the global financial close and reconciliation processes.
- Design and develop processes to handle changes in Blizzard business and data models.
- Streamline and improve existing processes.
- Ensure that data used in global financial close processes are optimized, accurate and complies with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- Interact and work with other departments and international offices involved with financial data.
- Ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Background extracting and transforming complex data sets (ETL process design and administration)
- Familiar with enterprise ETL tools (preferably DMExpress)
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Technical understanding of data modeling, design, architecture principles, and techniques to take business requirements from concept to implementation
- Experience with developing software within a strong internal control environment which complies with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- High level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with financial data, finance projects, and financial closing processes
- General understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Passion for gaming and familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment games (Overwatch, StarCraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.