Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
The Director, Global Partnerships will be responsible for cultivating and managing commercialization efforts for ABEL across media distribution and sponsorship in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You will direct and guide strategic planning of the sales process inclusive of prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and contracting partners. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing marketing strategy and implementation for ABEL in European, Middle Eastern and African markets.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to media rights sales across the EMEA region based on marketplace conditions and trends
- Generate pipeline and lead prospecting, pitching, negotiating, contracting and on-boarding of media rights partners
- Attract industry leading partners in alignment with ABEL core values and reputation
- Create sales materials for specific platforms and esports initiatives
- Align sales efforts with regional and global priorities, maintain effective working relationships across the organization and communicate sales progress
- Establish credibility, foster collaboration and develop strong, respectful relationships with appropriate partner and internal stakeholders
- Manage the execution of media rights deliverables and be responsive to partner needs
- Establish and maintain strong senior executive client relationships
- Identify and develop sponsors and partners
- Oversee fulfillment of partner contractual benefits and activation process
- Develop and implement innovative and impactful marketing programs, understand partners’ marketing/business goals, objectives, target audience and competitors
- Manage the identification, creation and presentation of upsell opportunities to further develop each partner’s relationship with the ABEL properties
- Lead partner renewal discussions including development of strategic approaches
- Manage sales and account management associates and contribute toward their professional development
- Contribute to regional marketing strategy plans for ABEL
- Maintain awareness of global and local market trends and developments, position ABEL properties to maximize resulting opportunities
- 10+ years professional experience in media rights sales or media distribution, advertising sales, media planning or related consulting role
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, media, communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive track record executing and managing media rights deals in multiple countries throughout the EMEA region
- Proven successes working with executive clients and demonstrated ability to lead discussions with senior level partners
- Strong strategic and brand planning skills
- Business development skills including the ability to identify, present and close, upsell and renew opportunities for partners
- International thinker and operator—appreciative of other cultures and business practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Highest ethics and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- Highly motivated, proactive, high energy and team spirit
- Fluent in English
- Experience developing sponsorship and partner rosters in Europe
- Background at sports league or professional team
- Familiarity with gaming, esports and fan culture
- Fluency in one or more European languages
- Cover letter
Other jobs in Business Development
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.