Environment Texture/Concept Artist
An Environment Texture/Concept Artist on the World of Warcraft creates textures, paint-overs, and concepts to support 3D Modelers. The ideal candidate has experience with hand painted art styles, creating tiling textures, paint-overs of 3D geometry, and creating concepts of architecture.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Paint hand-painted textures for architecture in the world
- Create concept and color keys for dungeons, raid, and cities
- Concept loading screen images
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development textures and/or concept
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Portfolio website
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.