Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced tools engineer to work on an unannounced project that utilizes a robust first-person engine. The ideal applicant has demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers to success, has a vision for how tools should be built, and has an unwavering passion for developing content creation tools.
You must be an excellent engineer, collaborating closely with the technical director, and other engineering leads to build and extend a technically excellent content creation toolset and pipeline that integrates well with the game engine. You must enjoy collaborating with all disciplines, understand the vision of the game and identify the technology needed to unleash the team’s creativity and productivity. As a leader you will inspire and guide some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the industry as your team builds that technology together.
- Help develop the vision and drive technical excellence in the game’s tools and pipelines.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the tools team.
- Collaborate with the art, design and engineering teams to design and implement the tools that maximize their creativity and productivity.
- Ensure the tools team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish tools related tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the tools team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- Experience and passion for tools development
- Fluent in C# and C++
- Experience using WPF
- User interface design experience
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Understanding of tools performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Passion for video games
- Previous experience working on first-person or other action-oriented games.
- Experience with a breadth of technologies such as source control systems, project generation tools, automation servers, logging protocols, network protocols, UI frameworks, compilers and linkers, cloud services, and distributed systems
- Experience with database technologies – SQL, NoSQL, database design, schema design
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Strong debugging skills
- Computer science or related degree
- Familiar with Blizzard games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.