The Classic Games team is seeking an experienced engineer to help level up our tools pipeline. As part of a small team you will work to simplify and improve the tools used to build and deliver our games while balancing the priorities of multiples projects. We want to set a course for long-term stability that enables our team to work smarter and more efficiently to achieve our vision.
- Learn and understand the Classic Games tools pipeline
- Simplify, improve, and create tools to maximize team efficiency while minimizing downtime
- Automate tests and reports to harden our games
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Manage, support, and guide the careers of a varied workforce of tools, automation, and system engineers
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in application programming
- Experience and passion for tools development
- Experience with C++
- Understanding of tools performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of the game development process and pipeline for creating content
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing
- Experience with building and designing applications for multiple operating systems
- Experience with building and managing build servers and pipelines
- Experience in C# and Python
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Experience with a breadth of technologies such as source control systems, project generation tools, build servers, network protocols, UI frameworks, compilers and linkers, cloud services, and distributed systems
- Experience with database technologies – SQL, NoSQL, database design, schema design
- Strong debugging skills
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.