Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Our talented designers, engineers and artists put their heart and soul into bringing these heroes to life, and our ranks are growing. We want to meet a UX Designer who is ready to step up and break new ground in the Overwatch universe.
The UX Designer’s work impacts the player experience like no other, from the intro screen on through the game, the interface is in front of the player and critical to the play of the game. As a UX Designer working on Overwatch, Blizzard’s ground-breaking new universe, your work be at the core of our player experience and your user experience design skills will drive creative decisions across the game.
Does this sound like you? If so, stay on the payload and read on...
We are looking for a talented User Experience (UX) Designer with a real passion for crafting highly usable and engaging experiences for Overwatch. We will be asking you to work within our super collaborative Features Team to build concepts and take them from a UX flow all the way to in game UI. You will be working closely with our UX artists, system & gameplay designers, engineers and art leads to build awesome features for Overwatch.
- Create concepts, flows, layouts, mock-ups and prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers and UI developers with front-end implementation to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Work together with the team throughout the design process, collecting actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- You should ideally have 3-5 years’ UX design/art experience
- Experience creating and maintaining UX wireframes and flows
- A “usability first” mentality with an eye for elegant design
- Expert knowledge of UX software such as Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Visio
- Able to communicate the UI/UX process effectively
- Understanding of the distinctive Overwatch UX style and a drive to push it to the next level
- Have a deep understanding of the purpose of UX within a player’s gaming experience
- Can apply an existing aesthetic to your layouts and prototypes
- Experience with markup languages such as “HTML, XML, XAML”
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to present design solutions for game UX
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UX designer
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter is recommended
- Portfolio demonstrating meaningful artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.