Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced individual passionate about Blizzard games, gaming communities, marketing and social media. This role works in close partnership with integrated marketing, media relations, and game teams, building game brand and relationships with Japanese gaming community. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications in the Japanese entertainment industry.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard games as required and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels including media and press.
- Manage all Japanese communication efforts across owned platforms and social media channels.
- Create and/or Edit design banners for user (player) facing game promotions as required.
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events.
- Create press releases/media blasts in line with major game updates as required.
- Nurture relationships with media and community partners such as game press, fan sites, influencers, players, and volunteers.
- Track media coverage and create detailed reports regarding Blizzard games from Japanese game media feeds.
- Work as a team with publishing to build and execute marketing initiatives.
- Ensure quality for brand guidelines and style guides on behalf of the team.
- Analyze and report on content performance data to drive continuous improvement of marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in - brand communications, media relations, and social media- third party relationship management- channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics
- Fluent in Japanese
- Advanced in English
- Highly collaborative and proactive
- Able to work under pressure and comfortable with multi-tasking
- Adept of video production and/or graphic design tools
- Familiar with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience.
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities and Japanese game media
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.