We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our group of enthusiastic, talented, genuine, fun and data-driven individuals. You will help us understand the behavior and needs of our players as they use our game websites, mobile apps, and games. You will dive into our data and deliver actionable insights, analyses and recommendations to our global teams to help inform day-to-day decision making and shape long-term project strategies.
The ideal candidate for the role is passionate about quantitative research, has a capacity to extract trends from large amounts of information, and is able to effectively communicate findings verbally and visually back to the team.
We’re more than just a gaming company; we’re an entertainment company. Help us shape our journey to creating the most epic experiences ever.
This is a full-time position in Irvine, CA.
- Evaluate the overall performance and health of Blizzard Web & Mobile websites and mobile apps.
- Collect and analyze data using tools like Google Analytics, Adobe analytics, and in-house data storage systems.
- Help aggregate, organize, and visualize data through analytics dashboards, using specialized tools like Tableau.
- Partner with program management, design, and engineering leads to define KPIs and analytics strategy for new and existing products.
- Determine and recommend metrics to accurately measure KPIs.
- Create, maintain and propagate custom and recurring analytics reports delivering insights on user behavior, site performance, new feature success, and testing etc.
- Lead multivariate and A/B testing projects, from hypothesis creation, success metrics definition, project documentation, and test analysis reporting.
- Present your findings to teams, stakeholders and executives to help support decision making.
- Work with a cross-functional team to define optimization plans, coordinate tracking tag implementation, and parameter customization.
- Troubleshoot any data issues related to tracking and reporting.
- Train and mentor team members to use analytics tracking tools and services (self-service model).
- Champion and advocate for the use of data and research in project execution across Web & Mobile.
- Provide recommendations to keep Blizzard’s analytics environment in line with company needs and up to industry standards.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results and critical outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience working as an analyst in the web and mobile technology field
- Comfortable working at all levels of the organization, including team leadership and executive teams, as well as across multiple functions and disciplines
- Experience with standard clickstream analysis tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Experience with tag manager tools: Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Signal, Adobe DTM, etc.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite with very strong Excel skills
- Experience within advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, survey, and market research
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Understanding of user experience best practices
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience with speedy SQL queries
- Pertinent international business and remote team development challenges and opportunities
- Pertinent web and mobile experience in the game industry field
- Passion for gaming and for Blizzard games and products in particular
- Please provide URL or PDF file
- Include sample analytics reports, sample A/B testing plans, strategy decks, and/or other relevant analytics project documentation
- Please provide URL or PDF file
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.