Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these visually beautiful characters to life, and their ranks are growing. We want to meet an UI Artist who is ready to step up and break new ground in the Overwatch universe.
Your work impacts the player experience like no other. From the intro screens and throughout the entire game, your work is in front of the player and critical to the play of the game. If you’re ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience, please read on.Position Overview
We are looking for a well-rounded User Interface (UI) Artist focused on front-end implementation to help craft the UI of Overwatch. We will be asking you to work within and help push forward the vision for the Overwatch visual style (hierarchy of information, tone, iconography, and more). You will be working closely with our user experience (UX) designers, gameplay designers and art leads to help the team define look and feel of the UI, crafting solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard-quality.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and UI developers with to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Assist cross-functional teams to build logical, readable, and seamless UI solutions
- Develop art and layout concepts for UI using static and animated solutions
- Experience in implementation of front-end graphics(e.g., XAML, HTML5)
- A real passion for game interfaces, art, graphic design and animation.
- Ideally 2-3 years’ UI art/design experience
- Ideally has expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash
- Able to communicate the UI/UX process effectively
- Understanding of Overwatch's distinct visual style and dedication to push it to the next level
- Have an understanding of the purpose of UI within a player’s gaming experience
- Experience in 3D applications
- Experience with visual effects
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI artist
- Cover letters are optional
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- An art test may be required based on portfolio evaluation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.