Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled VFX Artist to join our team on an unannounced project.
As an artist skilled in bringing to life both environment and gameplay, you’ll create stunning visual effects, ranging from jaw-dropping explosions and precision ability effects, to immersive weather systems that draw players into new and exciting worlds. With your technical insights and artistic vision, you’ll help us develop our VFX style and pipeline.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about crisp gameplay readability, captivating visuals, and tackling the technical and creative issues to make both possible. We are looking for someone with expertise in VFX, great collaboration skills, and the desire to push our techniques and technology forward.
You’ll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we’ll work to create some of the most epic entertainment experiences ever.Responsibilities
- Implement visual effects to support both gameplay and storytelling
- Work closely with engineering teams to implement new effects technology
- Set the pace for the visual style of VFX on an unannounced project.
- Expert level skills in simulation software such as Houdini and FumeFX
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, designers, and artists
- Can take an idea from raw conceptual phases to a finished effect
- Technical creativity and a gameplay-focused mindset
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Thorough understanding of technical limitations and performance impacts of VFX
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- A minimum of four years of experience creating real-time VFX for games
- Successfully shipped one or more AAA PC or console games as a VFX artist
- Experience with action-oriented games
- Experience developing new VFX tools and pipelines
- Experience with destruction techniques
- Leadership experience
- Gameplay scripting experience in Lua, Python, C#, Blueprint, etc.
- 2D or 3D animation experience.
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating artistic and technical skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.