Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned Lead Program Manager to add their skills and vision to our Content Platform, the portfolio of products that powers news, patch notes, comics, content-sharing and discussion across dozens of Blizzard websites, mobile apps, and games.
To fill this role successfully, you will demonstrate excellence at portfolio management, and experience in driving vision, roadmaps, and multi-year initiatives across multiple related products. You think strategically and can map your portfolio’s roadmap to key objectives and initiatives at the department and company level, helping partners and team members alike understand the value of your products to a broader mission. You invest yourself in building strong relationships, and you feel equally comfortable presenting high-level product and project plans to rooms full of stakeholders and engaging in complex conversations one-on-one. You’re excited to refine our overall content management and discussions offerings, to research (and present on) user journeys, and to provide substantive input on technical specifications. You’re a thoughtful and engaged manager who enjoys mentoring others (both as direct reports and as colleagues) and can guide them to achieving great things in their careers. And, most importantly, you understand that good platform solutions don’t just solve individual problems; they address multiple broad issues all at once.
The Content Platform team is a group of honest, fun-loving, iteration-focused folk who don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re searching for teammates who are equally curious, eager, and future-thinking. Our work plays an integral role in Blizzard’s journey from game developer to global entertainment company: we’re spearheading the development of new discussion venues, guild and interactive social features in our games, and enabling our content to reach more devices, more channels, and more players than ever before.
- Lead an overall product portfolio, envisioning, evangelizing, and implementing a strategy for its products in cooperation with department leadership, team leads, and key partners
- Act as primary point of contact and relationship manager for the portfolio, aligning development efforts across multiple Blizzard teams to successfully release new products
- Perform high level business analysis for new product opportunities and portfolio initiatives to understand, measure, and communicate the value of the work that the team undertakes
- Champion the portfolio to customers both internal (within Web & Mobile) and external (at Activision-Blizzard-King), building awareness of the solutions that we provide and the value that they deliver
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that we clearly communicate and achieve project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables
- Lead the gathering, documentation, and organization of business, functional, and creative requirements for new projects
- Oversee work estimation by product teams and the creation of project documentation (scope document, requirements document, work breakdown structure)
- Monitor the change management process to coordinate change requests, communicate impact, request partner decisions, and execute changes if applicable
- Work with other program managers to plan effective capacity utilization and dependency mapping across teams / portfolios
- Coordinate the activities of project team members to deliver projects on time, within scope, and at acceptable quality
- Contribute fairness, responsibility and positivity to the team’s work environment
- Train and mentor other Web & Mobile team members
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Program Management as a discipline within Blizzard
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years’ experience working in website, web platform, and/or mobile application development as a program manager or product manager
- Experience directly supervising multiple employees
- Experience leading large teams and multiple projects
- Talent for risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Reliable understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivation and strong initiative
- Curiosity about new technologies, process methodology, and online communities
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
ABOUT WEB AND MOBILE
Blizzard’s mission is to create the most epic entertainment experiences … ever. To help achieve that goal, the Web & Mobile team delivers digital experiences that bring together millions of people from around the world, from first-time users to devoted fans. We work in an open, diverse, inclusive and family-friendly culture, where we focus on inviting players to discover and explore our games, and provide them with a platform to connect with their friends and bond with Blizzard gamers all over the globe.
We’re looking for highly-skilled applicants to help us create online content that is beautifully designed, well-engineered, informed by solid research, and—of course—exciting and useful to our players!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.