The minions of hell grow stronger! We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled sound designer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
The ideal candidate needs to have sound design experience with demonstrable skill recording and editing foley, as well as sound-designing magical abilities, creatures, and environmental audio. The sound designer will work closely with the sound supervisor, game producers, artists, and designers, and be comfortable with face-to-face collaboration. Candidates should be able to receive and respond to direction to bring their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The ideal candidate must have an ability to not only create excellent original content, but to also successfully utilize our game tools to integrate their work into the final product—ensuring that great concepts make the transition from the mixing board to game world.
- Proven skills and a unique artistic "voice" in terms of communicating and furthering a storyline via the medium of sound
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other disciplines
- Experience specifically in creating outstanding sound assets for video games, including foley, magical spells, creatures, and ambiance
- Experience with live recording sessions, both in the studio and in the field
- Experience designing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Experience with multi-channel audio formats
- Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio implementation tools for multiple platforms and workstations
- Game audio credits on at least one major shipped title
- A passion for field recording and audio source creation
- A passion for video games
- Previous experience developing games that use Audiokinetic Wwise or FMod Studio.
- "Building block DSP" such as Kyma, Max/MSP, or Reaktor
- Experience with computer-readable or level design-style scripting, or light programming knowledge
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Applicants must submit an online demo reel showing relevant experience
Other jobs in Audio / Sound
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.