This person will be responsible for using existing and/or creating original designs and art assets to generate inspired motion effects, stunning animations, transition effects, and graphics packages including animated lower-thirds and logo bumpers. This person will be working closely with a director, a team of video editors, creatives, producers, and capture artists to develop and execute a high volume of exciting new content. This person will also be providing on-air graphics content for live web broadcasts and live-to-tape web shows, working with our live broadcast team to raise the industry quality bar.
He/she must be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision, taking ownership when needed while remaining flexible to collaboration and iteration. They must also be able to organize and optimize comps to streamline render times, generate necessary types of footage for editorial, interpret and execute notes with minimal follow-up, all while maintaining strong communication with the rest of the larger video and post-production team to ensure an open, transparent, and dynamic workflow.
- A minimum of 4 years’ professional motion graphics experience in a film, animation, television, or video game cinematics environment
- Mastery of Adobe After Effects, as well as other Adobe Creative Suite software and applicable plug-ins
- Comprehensive understanding of graphic design fundamentals with a proficiency in typography
- Excellent sense of timing and camera composition
- Critical eye for color, composition, lighting, art, and animation
- Ability to iterate quickly and openly, and collaborate in real-time problem solving
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and different work methodologies
- High self-motivation with excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and quick project turnover
- Ability to work closely with multiple directors, creative leads, producers, editors and other team members
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them
- Knowledge of professional 3D packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max or Cinema 4D
- Knowledge of additional compositing software packages such as Nuke
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards
- Experience with photography/cinematography
- Ability to draw rough storyboards
Required Application Materials
- Demo Reel with Breakdowns
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Apart from your own, what are 1-2 of your favorite motion graphics reels and why?
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.