Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to help us continue to deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net and Online Products Platform Accounts team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our team develops the services and infrastructure that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, empowering players worldwide to securely login and play across platforms.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture, while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.
- Work with a small and talented team to develop scalable, highly performant platform services
- Implement new features and services to support the needs of multiple teams
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams on shared initiatives
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve our platform infrastructure, with the goal of improving throughput and scalability
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Develop unit and integration tests and help coordinate stress tests to validate service reliability and capacity
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting and debugging
- Solid experience programming back-end web services in an OO language (Java/C#)
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCPIP, Message Queuing)
- Advanced knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and video games
- Linux experience
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
- Experience with scalable services supporting high volume load
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.