The World of Warcraft team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for our mobile companion app!
You are able to identify and tackle challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving codebase. We’re highly collaborative, so you are comfortable working closely with others to develop a shared vision and then work to see it through to completion. Being WoW, it’s also helpful if you’re familiar with our gameplay (or other MMO’s).
You will oversee a small team to bring components of World of Warcraft to mobile devices to allow our players from all over the world to engage with the game while they're away from their computers. You will craft our technology solutions as we explore more ways we can tie our game and our app together to complement each other.
Here you’ll be in a creative environment designed to encourage your best work, to foster learning and growing as a team passionate about translating dreams into reality. We’re on a quest to iterate and craft our game and companion app into the best they've ever been; until the complex becomes instinctive, and player tools evolve into a natural extension of the gaming experience. So, join us - if you understand our excitement and real passion for what we do and where we're taking our game, we want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and artists to achieve the vision of our game and its companion app
- Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping mobile application
- Evaluate and mentor the engineers on the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design choices and solve for the best player experience
- Strong engineering skills and a proven ability to build a codebase from the beginning all the way to production
- Experience with Unity or other off-the-shelf engines as well as native/custom engines on mobile platforms
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Professional programming experience with fluency in C++ and C#
- Previous leadership experience or strong potential
- Experience building and supporting a live client/server network game
- Experience shipping mobile games
- Previous experience on a live product that is frequently updated
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.