The Associate Media Engineer, Broadcast will be hands on in the day to day ingest and delivery of all media assets for Blizzard’s Media Asset Management system. This role will assist in keeping media and distribution workflows efficient. They will ensure Blizzard’s media assets are archived correctly and follow proper media format standards. Our team collaborates with various internal departments at Blizzard to facilitate media distribution. This role will interface directly with these teams to ensure proper delivery procedure.
The ideal candidate would relish in the details with an affinity for Blizzard games and Esports. They should have a strong understanding of media workflows and Post Production procedures within the Broadcast industry. Media Asset Management is a new initiative within the company, and many of the technical procedures and workflow standards are being built from the ground up. We need someone prepared to roll up their sleeves and dive in.
- Master distribution workflows & our pipeline to make content delivery highly efficient
- Encode and transcode various file formats, from one format to another. Must have relevant experience.
- Lead the charge with file metadata to ensure content is evergreen, and organized properly
- Ensure all assets follow Blizzard technical specifications and are archived correctly with proper QC
- Master ingest and retrieval workflows and help formulate additional avenues for our system
- Develop and coordinate workflow structure and best practices with Blizzard employees, producers, editors, and external contractors
- Assist in daily operation of Blizzard’s MAM
- Assist in building workflows and policies for using the MAM
- Train and assist users in Broadcast & Post Production standards
- Strong understanding of media workflows and Post Production within Broadcast
- Experienced with Adobe Premiere & Adobe Media Encoder, or other applicable Post tools and transcode platforms.
- Knowledgeable with video/audio codecs and file wrappers
- Deep understanding of Blizzard Games and Esports to effectively catalog assets
- Detail oriented by nature, with a focus on media and metadata
- Quality assurance is a key part of this position
- Experience in Media Production (Broadcast, Sports, TV, Film, etc.)
- Knowledge in Production workflows and how they interact with Live-Production
- Understand creative elements of production to mold our media workflows
- Understanding of metadata and taxonomy with in a digital archive
- MAM, DAM, CMS or other relevant experience in archive/cataloging system
- Background in content distribution within the digital media space
- Familiar with sidecar xml, srt, nle, and other.
- Experience with enterprise transcoders or orchestrated transcode workflows
- Familiar with machine learning or AI automation
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.