Manager, Accounting – Leagues
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a manager of Accounting to immediately join our finance team in Irvine. This position will focus on management of all general accounting functions and preparation of financial reports for Blizzard esports leagues. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial controls.
- Manage the accounting processes for the general ledger and sub-ledgers related to Blizzard’s esports leagues businesses
- Responsible for all related accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare and analyze monthly / quarterly financial and operating reports, including but not limited to monthly operating statements and ad hoc reports
- Ensure stringent internal financial control and propose improvements in all accounting processes and practices
- Handle process of allocations between various teams and legal entities and ensure appropriate documentation of all activity
- Ensure activities stay in sync with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care
- Assist in any audits of related operations
- Provide reporting support to the FP&A team, leagues and teams
- Interact with other departments to provide support on accounting and financial related matters
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting and finance with at least 2 years in a corporate finance position
- Possess a professional qualification such as CPA
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience and knowledge in accounting systems
- Proficient with financial reporting tools (especially Essbase & Hyperion)
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Strong initiative, responsibility, commitment, and willingness to learn
- Independent with excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Oracle R12 (or another version)
- Experience in traditional sports leagues or teams, esport organizations
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Lette
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.