Blizzard Entertainment's Animation team is seeking an experienced pipeline technical director (TD) to support our In-Game Cinematics group.
The In-Game Cinematics group focuses on fast, high volume work with reuse of in-game assets and in-game engine renders. Flexibility, adaptability, and fast turnarounds are crucial for this role.
This pipeline TD will work closely with the In-Game Cinematics artists and R&D pipeline engineer to design and improve processes, build tools, and provide technical support. They should have a broad knowledge of tools and workflows currently used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as direct experience with digital asset management and pipeline tool development. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator who can help facilitate the flow of information between the In-Game Cinematics and the technology groups.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California
- Provide technical support for In-Game Cinematics artists
- Maintain existing tools and develop new ones as necessary
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvements
- Help manage the In-Game Cinematics team's tech priorities
- Work with the following technologies and toolsets:
- PySide / PyQt
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing pipeline tools and workflows for CG/VFX production
- Expert knowledge of Python and object oriented programming practices
- Expert working knowledge of Maya
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong desire to function in a technical support role
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.