We are looking for an expert server engineer who’s passionate about building the best possible technology to help connect players. As part of a small team working on an unannounced mobile game, our server engineers have plenty of opportunity to contribute to its overall design and artistic vision.Responsibilities:
- Architect a robust client-server network topology
- Build a server infrastructure that scales expertly
- Coordinator with shared online teams to use their frameworks and infrastructure
- Establish a simple deployment pipeline to minimize downtime
- Facilitate swift iteration by providing flexibility where it matters most
- Identify and maintain database solutions that handle regular content updates and track player progression
- At least five years of professional server programming
- At least one shipped project using your server infrastructure
- Mastery of TCP & UDP communication
- Fluent in C++ or C#
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers of all technical skill levels
- A proven ability to successfully debug and tackle problems when bad things happen
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with VM and container setup
- Familiarity with WebSockets or WebRTC
- Experience with Unity
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.