Blizzard Entertainment's Global Network Operations Center is looking for a skilled Systems Administrator to help maintain Blizzard’s worldwide IT services. The GNOC serves as the first response unit for all Blizzard IT incidents with its Administrators functioning as Incident Managers, Technical Administrators, and Communications Specialists. The core skill set for a GNOC Administrator is Linux, Networking, and Incident Management. The Blizzard GNOC is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-reliability, 24/7 facility supporting one of the most complex and prolific gaming infrastructures on the planet. If you are an Administrator with the skills and experience to thrive in this environment, read on.
What is Network Operations?
Blizzard Online Network Systems is the Global Network Operations team responsible for supporting ALL of Blizzard’s customer-facing IT systems and services. Such services include Battle.net, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. In addition to managing these IT Platforms, BONS also works closely with our development teams throughout a product’s lifecycle.
The GNOC is responsible for management of all customer impacting incidents within Blizzard’s global IT services. The primary focus of incident management is the full restoration of systems in the least amount of time possible. In other words our primary job is to maximize system uptime.
GNOC Administrators function as maintainers of Blizzard’s Global IT services and infrastructure. Administrators perform preventative maintenance as well as issue isolation and system restoration; the importance of an exemplary technical skill set cannot be overstated.
GNOC Administrators function as communication conduits between disparate stake holders during incidents ensuring each stake holder is informed of the state of the issue and that each stakeholder has the information needed to make the best contribution to resolving the incident. In addition to active communication, the GNOC Administrator ensures documentation of all facets of the troubleshooting processes to include the notification methods, steps taken to isolate the issue, and the actions taken to remedy the incident. GNOC Administrators also refine the details of Major Incidents into easily digestible, yet thorough, correspondence that is sent to the executive team for review.
Viable candidates will possess a strong background in at least one of the following:
- Linux (Linux+ Certification or equivalent experience may be accepted)
- Networking (CCENT Certification or equivalent experience may be accepted)
Strong Candidates will possess some, if not most, of the following:
- Experience with LDAP, NFS, RHCS, RabbitMQ / AMQP, Splunk, Puppet and Nagios
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Maven, Varnish, Artifactory, and Node.js
- Experience with Active Directory, IIS, PowerShell, DFS, and MSSQL
- Experience with Package Management systems such as GIT, RPM, and YUM
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, Routing and Routed Protocols, and PXE Boot
- Experience with Bash Scripting, Regex, Python, and Ruby
- Experience with systems-level troubleshooting for global networks
- Experience with Standardized Service Management Methodologies such as ITIL
Thrive in our environment:
The Global Network Operations Center exists to support Blizzard’s production infrastructure in the pursuit of providing our customers with a reliable, quality, entertainment experience. We accomplish this by ensuring high reliability and quality of service through prevention of, and mitigation of, system impairments and downtime.
A strong candidate will also bring to the table all of the following:
- Attention to detail
- A love for videogames and the technologies that support them
- Empathy for customers and an understanding of what our games means to them
- The ability to work well in an eclectic and dynamic group
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Attention to detail
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.