Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our Battle.net Accounts & Commerce team!
The Battle.net Accounts & Commerce team develops the services and infrastructure, that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, and handles millions of transactions for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises, for multiple regions around the globe. Ever wonder how that spectral mount is represented in our Account DB, or what happens when you click buy in Hearthstone for additional booster packs? Curious what happens on a game launch night, where millions of customers attend midnight launches, and rush home to claim a key, and unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? Have you added an authenticator or your mobile number to bolster the security of your account? Well, we're the team that provides the Platform, that powers all of those features and more.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The associate software engineer will work with a team of talented engineers, developing and maintaining the foundation of our accounts and commerce platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training
- Strong working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Good programming skills, including experience with Java, and application development for the web
- Good analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTML / XHTML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
- Knowledge of scalable, reliable, maintainable, testable, secure architectures
- Knowledge of Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat technologies
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
- Experience coding unit tests and/or using test frameworks
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.