Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced community manager passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, communication, and social media. This senior contributor role works in close partnership with the publishing teams and game teams to build player excitement and relationships on behalf of the franchise. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
- Contribute to the design and execution of all global community development programs for their franchise
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement
- Design and manage community development projects
- Control quality
- Build relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteers
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events
- Work closely with publishing and web & mobile teammates
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Minimum two years experience with third party relationship management
- Minimum two years experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Staff coaching experience
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Video production and / or graphic arts experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.