How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for a talented User Experience (UX) Designer with a real passion for crafting highly usable interfaces to work on our developer editor experience. This editor is the command center of the entire game engine. Game teams across Blizzard will make extensive use of this tool every single day in the act of building awesome games. Your mission is to design the best game development editing experience possible. Usability and rapid iteration are key. You’ll work closely with developers from all disciplines to capture feedback to aid in this goal.
- Create concepts, flows, layouts, mock-ups and prototypes
- Design a highly usable editing experience
- Establish standards for consistent user interaction and workflows
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Work together with the team and across the company throughout the design process, collecting actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- You should ideally have 3-5 years of UX design/art experience
- Experience crafting and maintaining UX wireframes and flows
- A “usability first” mentality with an eye for elegant design
- Expert knowledge of UX software such as Illustrator, Adobe XD, or Visio
- Excellent communication skills for gathering feedback and presenting your designs
- Experience designing game tool interfaces
- Experience using 3rd Party game engine editors
- Graphic design skills
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UX designer
- A passion for video games
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter is preferred
- Portfolio demonstrating meaningful design skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in UX / Visual Design
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.