Activision Blizzard Media Network is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join a full stack web applications team. The technology we create powers epic experiences for a global audience of players, fans and partners.
We collaborate with multiple teams across Activision Blizzard to deliver media experiences which can be found on the MLG.com and Overwatch League site and apps, inside Call of Duty titles and PlayStation 4 consoles. Our platform connects millions of gamers across the world through viewership incentives, online chat, eSports competitions and more.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative environment working closely with product managers, designers, engineers and industry veterans to deliver engaging media experiences across desktop, mobile, console and at live in-person events. You will have a passion for compelling user experiences and be an evangelist of front end technologies and best practices.
This position is based at our Headquarters in Irvine, California.
- A passion for delivering epic user experiences
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and building component-oriented user interfaces
- Been an advocate and leader of UX/UI best practices and standards
- Experience delivering consistent experiences across multiple browsers and devices
- Working knowledge of backend services and APIs
- Fluency in the full software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills, with experience using DevTools performance monitoring and memory profiling
- A desire to write clean, readable, testable code
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with remote/distributed teams
- Experience working with media playback technologies, video content management systems or internet streaming technologies
- Experience with HTML5 Canvas, CSS3 animations, WebGL or other interactive web technologies
- Experience working with design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Abstract
- Familiarity with web security standards and best practices
- Previous experience managing or mentoring software engineers
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.