Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Associate Product Manager to lead the design and execution of esports programs for World of Warcraft like the Mythic Dungeon International.
The ideal candidate has a passion for esports and WoW, strong problem-solving skills, and a proven history of managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should have experience working with global teams, an understanding of event and broadcast management, and hold themselves to an unwavering quality standard.
- Lead an internal team responsible for the execution of high profile esports competitions for World of Warcraft
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to design and iterate formats and systems that meet key game objectives, while also aligning with esports business priorities
- Work with partners to ensure high-quality and impactful event and broadcast production
- Define and communicate the program’s creative vision, from structure to branding
- Accountable for all aspects of program execution, including vendor selection and management, live broadcasts, tournament administration, player and talent management, promotion, legal framework, merchandise, live events, live broadcasts and communications (internal and external)
- Track and stay within budgets, making crucial spending decisions where necessary
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities in each region
- Manage and iterate business model for programs
- Collaborate with esports leadership to establish product KPIs and measure program success over time
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute plans, including the development teams, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in product and/or project management
- Deep understanding of event management and broadcast production
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Strong understanding of traditional sports ecosystem
- Able to occasionally travel, including internationally
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Passionate player of video games, particularly World of Warcraft
- Boundless enthusiasm for esports
- Game Development/Production Experience
- Game Testing Experience
- Endgame WoW Experience (Raiding/PVP/Dungeons/Pet Battles)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.