Blizzard Entertainment seeks an experienced Senior Animator to contribute to Blizzard's gaming efforts. Your goal is to bring to life creatures, characters, and critters of all kinds, and help develop our animation style and production pipeline. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with great gameplay while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
- Animating a diverse range of compelling, alluring, and believable characters and creatures that facilitate unique and dynamic gameplay.
- Partnering with art leadership to develop a unique animation style and visual direction for the project.
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to help develop an effective animation pipeline that facilitates prototyping and a rapid iteration mindset for a game development team.
- Working with team leadership and production to strategize and execute a plan to grow an effective and diverse animation team.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring creative vision.
- 5+ years professional experience animating characters and creatures in Maya (or equivalent 3D programs).
- You have an exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye for creatively representing their movements in unique and inspiring ways that bring them to life.
- You’ve helped grow or develop exceptionally talented animation teams, big or small, and you know what it takes to hire talented animators with a great mindset for game development.
- You might know enough basic modeling and rigging to be dangerous on a small prototyping team and you can lovingly polish your creations to bring them to life. Either way, you figure out how to get inspiring art content and animation into the game quickly.
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love games, movies, and feature animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
- Portfolio—only digital applications will be accepted (e.g., website, blog, online album, etc).
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and opportunities and training for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.