Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly skilled senior character artist to join an exciting unannounced project. Our passionate team cares deeply about creating epic gameplay and immersive experiences in an environment of open feedback and close collaboration.
As a senior character artist on the team, you will combine your strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory with a healthy understanding of “boots on the ground” game development to breathe new life into our creatures and characters.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with teams through all aspects of the product life cycle, including prototyping, pre-production, production, beta, and release.
Day to Day Tasks
- Character modeling and sculpting, UV layout, texture painting, and material setup.
- Partner with art leadership to realize our vision by creating character assets at the highest level of artistic quality.
- Explore visual ideas, prototype new techniques, and expand the envelope for artistic capability on the team.
- Inspire other artists on the team by demonstrating the highest level of skill, or through direct mentorship with less experienced artists.
- Collaborate with all members of a team to make sure artwork fits within technical, design, and production requirements.
- Proficient in the use of 3D modeling applications such as Maya or Zbrush, as well surfacing tools like Substance Designer and Painter.
- 5+ years professional experience as a 3D Artist in game development or an equivalent discipline, creating or working from concepts to build models and characters.
- Solid background in traditional arts, including but not limited to painting, illustration, design, or traditional media.
- Exceptional understanding of human, animal, and creature anatomy.
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps and materials.
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort, and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love to learn new tools and techniques and you have a passion for sharing them with others.
- Experience with multiple game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.).
- Experience with Houdini.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
- Shipped AAA games.
- Passion for Blizzard games.
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard.
- What games you are currently playing.
- Online Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to cultivate an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.