Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced lead to provide financial management, planning, and analysis for the Overwatch League at its Irvine, California Headquarters. The position will be part of the newly created League, reporting to League’s Chief Financial Officer, but working directly with Blizzard finance and operational personnel.
- Provide revenue and cost planning, tracking and forecasting for the league across operational as well as P&L, cashflow, and balance sheet needs
- Create and manage financial reporting and dashboards to guide decision-making by the league’s executive leadership
- Collaborate with Blizzard financial team, leveraging Blizzard systems, data, and processes to fulfill league data needs
- Provide league input to Blizzard and Activision Blizzard weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes
- Create and communicate financial insights to help league leadership evaluate and drive resource and prioritizations decisions, both through long-term tools and ad-hoc studies
- Develop financial cost management tools to league budget and resource management goals
- Work with global operations, marketing, and finance groups to coordinate budgets, forecasts, and priorities
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in finance or business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline
- Superlative talent for analysis and communication of analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global shared-services environment
- Team player who is not focused on titles and willing to pitch in and create/contribute directly without an extended support staff
- Exposure to all elements of a P&L (revenue, costs, and resource planning)
- Energy and desire to participate in the creation of a new enterprise in an entrepreneurial environment
- Integrity, excellent judgment, discretion, and diplomatic skills.
- Passion for video games and spectator sports
- Start-up experience within a larger public enterprise
- Work experience related to broadcast entertainment and/or spectator sports
- Overwatch player and esports fan
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.