Are you a talented engineer with experience working on client game systems, who’s excited to branch out? Does Azeroth excite you and fill you with new ideas? Do you have passion and excitement for the future of the World of Warcraft? If so, then we have an opportunity for you.
We’re always looking for new and exciting ways to bring new life to our game, and we’re looking for somebody with graphics experience to help us explore future ideas in our game client. You will have opportunities to help all aspects of development, including tools, client, server, and gameplay. Because “Learn and Grow” is one of our companies core values, we hope you’ll be as excited to learn new areas of game development, as we are to learn about your client development experience.
Another core value for us is "Every Voice Matters," and we value diverse voices and viewpoints. We love to hear about new ideas, and creative solutions. We strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance, so we can look after our loved ones and other responsibilities at home. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, please apply.Responsibilities
- Develop new client technologies
- Update and revise our game engine and shader behavior
- Create and update tools and workflows
- Chip in to gameplay or server code
- Work closely with designers and artists to build exciting client experiences
- A minimum 2 years of programming experience
- Strong proven C++ programming skills
- Some experience in shader, and/or graphics effects programming
- Expert mathematics skills, including proficiency in trigonometry and linear algebra
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in all engineering areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven experience with at least one shipped title
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely reciprocal and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.