Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized lawyer to join our in-house legal team as a close, trusted business partner, providing advice on a wide variety of legal issues. The ideal candidate has experience in the global entertainment industry, international expertise is a distinct advantage.
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements, including software licenses, technology licenses, intellectual property agreements, distribution agreements, and professional services agreements
- Assess legal risk and advise on legal issues and risks for game, platform, publishing, informational technology, security, and other teams across the business
- Work closely with and provide legal guidance to the business teams supporting them in developing business strategies
- Play a critical role in protection Blizzard’s intellectual property rights
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from across the business
- Collaborate with international legal colleagues to provide global guidance on diverse legal issues
- Juris Doctorate and admission to California State Bar in good standing or admission to another State Bar and willingness and qualifications to be “Registered In-House Counsel”
- Minimum 7+ years experience as a practicing lawyer at a reputable firm and/or in-house department required, with some in-house experience preferred
- Extensive technology licensing and intellectual property experience
- Strategic and creative thinking, exercising excellent, balanced and practical business judgment
- Outstanding written and oral communications, with the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues across the business
- Experience and competency as the primary attorney on client matters, including strong drafting skills and attention to detail
- Common sense, good judgment and desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and ability to independently handle multiple, diverse projects simultaneously and under deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify legal risks and creative solutions
- Capacity to understand Blizzard’s games, business and strategy and apply it to proactively managing legal risks
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic industry and where there is ambiguity and flex in the business and legal environment
- Strong ethics and influencing skills
- Top law firm experience
- International experience
- Experience in a games, entertainment or media company
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.