Activision Blizzard Esports is looking for an Associate Content Manager to help drive the creative expression for Call of Duty’s competitive gaming arm across its website, mobile properties and CRM program/e-mail marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, deadline-driven, detail-oriented individual with a passion for storytelling and a dedication to consistently meeting team objectives. Excellent writing/reporting skills and a strong familiarity with the Call of Duty game franchise and/or esports is critical.
- Develop multimedia content (written, photographic, video) and processes involved in distributing that content across a variety of owned channels.
- Serve as an “embedded reporter” within the company, quickly and resourcefully identifying story opportunities with players, teams, fans, competitions and more.
- Meet aggressive deadlines and deliver consistently high-quality content at the speed of our business.
- Develop unexpected and creative ways to tell stories that tap into current trends and give people a reason to visit our website and tune into our live/archived content.
- Develop rich storytelling experiences using our content management systems for maximum efficiency.
- Follow and enforce best practices and style guidelines for all content.
- Use analytics and reporting for all content to optimize publishing against KPIs.
- Work directly with the CRM team to help inform strategies for innovative storytelling that drive consumers to conversion online and on mobile.
- Help drive Call of Duty esports e-mail communications with engaging storytelling that moves readers to action.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Public Relations (PR), Social Media and Broadcast to develop cohesive messaging across multiple channels.
- North American and International travel as needed to develop stories and creative onsite.
- 3+ years writing, editorial, content marketing or journalism experience.
- Experience using style and grammar references, including AP and Chicago Style.
- Ability to craft stories that can live on a variety of channels, including e-commerce sites, e-mail, social media and earned media.
- Journalistic mindset and passion for uncovering and bringing to life the ‘deeper story’ via multimedia storytelling.
- Proven project management skills, including experience with content management systems.
- Tenacity for trying new types of storytelling and taking creative risks online.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and unrepentant creativity for online storytelling.
- Aptitude for spotting and seizing on cultural and/or industry trends as they happen, informing and supporting digital story development.
- Knowledge of Call of Duty game franchise and/or esports.
- Knowledge of CRM and/or Digital Marketing best practices
- e-mail copywriting experience
- Agency experience
- Global experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.