Heroes prepare to storm the Nexus, decks are being shuffled in the tavern and somewhere it’s high noon. Fans are ready and the show must go on!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a veteran sponsorships and advertising manager to elevate the performance of our global esports portfolio by optimizing our products for commercial success and delivering meaningful sponsorship and media integrations. You will develop strategies to realize traditional content revenue streams through our exciting and highly viewed esports content, and partner with global esports and business development teams across the studio to drive results.
You will bring a global perspective—esports knows no borders—and your business development savvy is only matched by your organizational prowess.
- Manage internal ad inventory for Blizzard esports (promotion of Blizzard games, strategic initiatives, and esports products) and overseeing distribution/implementation of ads to broadcasts across the esports portfolio.
- Collaborate with esports product managers across all franchises and corporate alliances to create value and sponsorship opportunities.
- Catalogue ad inventory and understand what elements can be sold per product.
- Drive development of sponsorship policy for licensed third party community events.
- Support the development of creative custom solutions and segment concepts based on partner requests.
- Gather market intelligence surrounding esports sponsorship sales and aggregate known information.
- Develop a strategy and repeatable process for ensuring high quality, reliable, and accurate roll-out of sponsor activations when working with third party production partners.
- Develop systems to ensure broadcasts are meeting sponsor requirements and best practices for measuring performance.
- Develop and implement internal sponsorship approval process and Blizzard esports advertising policy (approach, blacklisted ads, platform CPM, run times, etc.) across all platforms.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development at a leading sports league, media network or advertising agency
- Strong ability to comprehend and structure complex business deals and partnerships
- Strong understanding of the sports industry, esports, and the broader media landscape
- Adept at developing both commercial and operational strategies to meet business goals
- Experience with live event management, broadcast production, and post-produced content
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Passion for Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.