A Character Artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to painting, illustration, design or traditional media
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Portfolio website
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.