Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Build Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have a passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a Build Engineer on the Overwatch team, you will help manage our build servers and build systems, finding and fixing problems before others are even aware that they exist. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, comfortable working across a variety of technologies and a strong problem solver with a passion for enabling others to succeed, and able to balance their work effectively while supporting a development team.
- Develop and manage our build applications and systems infrastructure to support building on multiple platforms.
- Engage with service teams from many teams across Blizzard, integrating our build systems with common platforms and tools used by many teams.
- Monitor and respond to build system health incidents. Help solve problems that impact the team.
- Ensure developers on the team can accomplish their day-to-day work efficiently.
- Document build systems and help educate engineers on build system functionality and processes.
- Passion for tools development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience with Perforce or other version control systems
- Programming polyglot, strong skills in C#, C++, and one or more interpreted language
- Able to work effectively with a variety of disciplines
- Prior experience developing bespoke build systems
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or other relational databases
- Experience with Premake, CMake, or other project generation tools
- Comfortable with both Linux and Windows system administration
- Live operations experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.