Well met, students! Blizzard Entertainment’s university relations team here, and before we turn this job description over to the Battle.net team to talk about the scope of the role, we’d like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our new grad program is focused on helping you – oh intrepid, graduating student – begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard’s not an easy place to get into, that’s true, but we believe we’re a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we’re proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to Battle.net.
Blizzard is looking for an associate user experience (UX) designer who loves solving complex problems and are passionate about research, design, and gaming. An associate UX designer could be working on a variety of user-centered design or research projects, creating and supporting software or Web solutions for our gamers or employees. This opportunity favors people with an entrepreneurial spirit who can think globally. A UX Designers workload may be research-focused, design-focused, or both, depending on their interests, passions, and abilities.
- Help the team understand what our users are doing and why – Usability, interviews, web and business intelligence analytics, multivariate statistics, and data mining
- Define problems and opportunities – Analysis of current behaviors combined with our business needs that you will form into stories
- Create and show solutions – Reports and data-driven recommendations for changes based on your findings
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More testing and analysis as you work with designers and researchers
- Deliver and follow though – Launch new ideas and post-launch analysis on metrics and user behavior
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 – August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology and gaming
- A passion for great experiences and user-centered designs
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience with designing and conducting user studies (ex: digital ethnography, usability testing, interviews, field studies, surveys)
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and low-fidelity prototypes (using Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Can support research team with competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Majoring in a related field (human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, informatics, social science, etc.)
- Experience creating personas
- Experience using eye-tracking software is a plus
- Basic experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes are a plus
- Knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After effects (or equivalent) is a plus
- Cover Letter
Warning! Applications that do not include all of the required quest item materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.