We are seeking an exceptional Senior Character Artist to join us in building a new and exciting experience for mobile.
You have experience texturing and modeling a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. You're skilled in another form of art production—like illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing—and versed in related tools like Maya and Photoshop. You also work well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making great games!
- A minimum of 4–6 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using Photoshop and Maya (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye for form, shape, structure, and silhouette with regards to modeling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in crafting texture maps.
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers
- Real passion for playing and making computer games, especially in genres relevant to Blizzard Entertainment.
- Experience with mobile development
- Deep understanding of Z-Brush, Substance, and or Painter
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard’s games and their lore
- Experienced in Unity 3D.
Required Application Materials
- Reel or portfolio demonstrating technical skills
- We will only accept online artwork submissions (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- We may require an art test.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.