Internship Term: 2020
3D Art or / 3D Generalist Intern - Hearthstone
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
When you’re not gaming, do you spend all your time sketching, modeling, painting, daydreaming, and generally staying creative? Do you have solid track record of questing and battling your way through Hearthstone or just really, really in love the aesthetic and art style?
What are you doing summer 2020? You should spend it interning with us as a 3D artist! Hearthstone has openings for creative, imaginative, and artistically talented interns. We’re looking for artists to create character, environment, or designs specifically, so let us know which creative direction compels you the most in your cover letter and why. ‘Blizzard style’ is an artistic concept we care deeply about around here, and the challenge to create and build upon it should be as exciting for you as it is to us. So come strong creatively; bring your passion for art and love of games to your work and let’s continue to explore the Blizzard universe.
- Model and Texture assets provided from the concept team.
- Revamp existing assets, bringing them up to current game or expansion standards.
- Implement created assets into the game engine.
- Willingness to learn and follow industry standards and incorporate best practices into your workflow.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- In-depth, first-hand knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s video games and game universes
- Experience modeling and texturing game-ready environment assets
- Eager to work in a fun team based environment and collaborate with other disciplines.
- Well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, Unity or similar game engine.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- Majoring in a related field (art, design, digital art, game art, etc.)
- Familiar with the Hearthstone IP
- Shows interest in learning multiple skillsets (Modeling, FX, Animation.)
- Cover Letter
- Link to an online portfolio
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2019.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.