Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced character TD combined with a character FX artist to join its award-winning cinematics department.
You are a highly motivated artist who has built rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. You are also able to assemble simulation rigs for hair and cloth, run shot simulations and perform character cleanup. You have a good understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior and be familiar with a scripted environment. You are attuned to the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators we support. Our team works in an intensely art driven environment and you must be able to work collaboratively with other departments including modeling, animation, FX, and lighting.Requirements:
- 3+ years experience rigging characters in Maya, or similar software
- Knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Knowledge of generating cloth/hair rigs and create art directed shot simulations
- Experience in Python, MEL, C/C++, or other programming languages
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and simulation proficiency
- Some knowledge of layout, modeling, surfacing, rendering and animation tools and workflows currently used in the industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge on subjects such as 3D tool development and pipeline design.
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging and simulation pipeline
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
Instructions for Applicants. Please provide a PDF resume, demo reel or link to samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 5000 global employees who are passionate about not only games, but epic entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers by providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Are you forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact? We've been waiting for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.