We are seeking a talented and experienced Game Producer to join the development of Blizzard Entertainment’s mobile gaming efforts. If you have a passion for mobile development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
As a producer, you will work with the team to establish timelines, track and balance workloads, maintain our commitment to quality and ensure a great working environment for the team. Your role is critical to the development process by coordinating across disciplines, fostering effective and open communication, and directing features from concept, to release, and live ops.
The ideal Game Producer is organized, possesses exceptional communication skills and excels in agile project management. You are self-driven, highly-motivated, and able to effectively collaborate across disciplines in order to anticipate production issues and deliver solutions.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Motivate and provide support to your team, contributing to a positive work environment
- Facilitate communication, organization, and process improvements across disciplines
- Work with cross-discipline teams to craft and steward roadmaps and schedules
- Own the day-to-day planning, tasking, and tracking of multiple features
- Drive the creation, estimation, and tracking of epics, tasks, sub-tasks, and bugs
- Triage, assign and ensure resolution of the inflow of bugs to your team
- Proactively identify roadblocks or projects risks and provide mitigation strategies
- Communicate status, risks, and opportunities with production and team leadership
- Help make decisions with team leads on workflows, pipelines, priorities, and resources
- Collaborate with team leadership to maintain alignment and drive project goals forward
- 3+ years as a game producer, project management or equivalent experience
- Adept at managing agile game development teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Battle-tested knowledge of software development and project management processes
- Experience facilitating and mediating dependencies across disciplines and departments
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, energized, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to build, track, and maintain feature and content schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent self-motivation, initiative, and drive
- Passion for video games
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certification
- Shipped one or more mobile games in a production role
- Knowledge of engineering, art, tech art, and design production practices
- Experience handling a content pipeline—you understand and are able to facilitate workflows have a grasp of production costs and timelines, and you are able to communicate all of that to management and the team
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.