Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional VFX Artist to join us on an unannounced mobile project. The ideal candidate is well versed in Unity and has an exceptional eye for clear, readable VFX. You must have experience creating performant, gameplay-focused FX and enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of passionate game developers.
- Experience creating consistently eye-catching, real-time VFX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-engine FX systems.
- Strong sense of asset impact on performance.
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional design-oriented collaborator.
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative.
- Passion for playing and making games in Blizzard’s various universes.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback
- Experience in Unity engine.
- Mobile development experience.
- Background in animation with an eye for timing.
- Experience with modeling, texturing or rigging.
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard’s games and universes.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter.
- Reel demonstrating VFX skills.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album).
- An art test may be required.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.