Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you enjoy a deeply fast-paced and fluid work environment that requires impeccable creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? If you are answering yes to these questions you might be the perfect fit to be our Surfacing Artist.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an extraordinarily skilled TEMP surfacing artist for its cinematics department. You should have extensive experience working with painting tools to achieve stylized to photo-real surfaces on computer-generated artwork. You are organized and creative, with the ability to solve problems efficiently.Requirements
- Work closely with the show leads and the surfacing supervisor to provide high fidelity texture maps for production assets
- Collaborate with Modeling, Look Development Artist and Lighters to achieve the desired results.
- Interpret Art Direction from multiple sources into a cohesive vision
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in feature film / VFX / animation production as a texture painter or similar position
- Expert knowledge of high-end software such as Mari, Maya, Photoshop, and 3D paint packages – BodyPaint / Deep Paint, and UV layout
- Full understanding of texture map properties in relation to their shading and lighting qualities
- Able to layout UV's and create high-quality texture maps, including diffuse, specular, displacement, bump, and control map
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to the team of modelers, look-dev artists, and lighters
- Experience in shading and lighting in RenderMan or similar high-end rendering software
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's cinematic visual style
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to a Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Breakdown of the work on your reel
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.